Who we are
Napnok is an award-winning studio on a continuing mission to reinvent social play.
Currently we’re 50+ diverse, multi-national, multi-talented, crazies. Right now we are finishing up Frantics, a deeply social and wacky party game spearheading Sony’s PlayLink initiative for PS4, and we have multiple exciting console projects in the pipeline that we are hiring against. We mix the best upcoming talent with leading industry veterans.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Lead Game Designer, with a great attention to quality, a good artistic eye, management skills, and a passion for NAPNOK GAMES’ core DNA: unique local/ social multiplayer games driven by novel interfaces and new technology. We promise work on cutting edge technologies, really hard problems, and a fantastic team of brainiacs to learn from/ with.
Read more about us here
What do we expect from you?
Since all NAPNOK GAMES projects are design driven, you are the key driver of the project interfacing with all other disciplines. Together with Chief Creative Officer and the Producer, the Lead Game Designer holds the crucial role of delivering fantastic game experiences on time and within budget.
You will lead and manage the Design team (5+ designers) of a major console production, providing feedback and planning tasks in order to meet deadlines.
We expect you to lead by example and through practical hands on design set a high pace and an excellent quality standard. Write design documentation and pitch material that clearly communicates ideas and design.
Being a lead in NAPNOK GAMES is not a 9 to 5 job. We don’t believe in excessive crunch, but we do expect our leaders to carry the torch when an important milestone needs to be delivered or production requires it. Any leading position may also require travel (4-6 weeks per year), when necessary, to our office in Skopje.
Successful applicants have:
- Minimum 4 years of experience, having shipped at least one console title on a multi disciplinary team, with multiple largely positive game reviews.
- Experience with all aspects of game design, such as system design, narrative design, level design, user experience and interface design, game testing, analytics, and QA.
- Excellent verbal and written English language communication skills and the ability to communicate designs and ideas effectively.
- Broad interest in games and play culture, everything from esoteric board games to casual mobile games, from interactive fiction to electronic toys.
- Experience with industry standard game editors such as Unity or Unreal Engine and ability to quickly learn and adapt to new tools. Basic understanding of programming as well as art.
How to apply
Please send your resume in English to
and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously.
All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.