Who we are
Napnok is an award-winning studio on a continuing mission to reinvent social play.
Currently we’re 50+ diverse, multi-national, multi-talented, crazies. Right now we are finishing up Frantics, a deeply social and wacky party game spearheading Sony’s PlayLink initiative for PS4, and we have multiple exciting console projects in the pipeline that we are hiring against. We mix the best upcoming talent with leading industry veterans.
We are looking for a talented Senior Producer, with a passion for quality, and an affinity for NAPNOK GAMES’ core DNA: unique local/ social multiplayer games driven by novel interfaces and new technology. We promise work on cutting edge tech, really hard problems to solve, and a fantastic team of brainiacs to learn from/ with.
Read more about us here
Are you our next great Producer?
All NAPNOK Producers are expected to have a passion for making and playing games, with a particular focus on the aspects of local/ social multiplayer gaming which is at the core of NAPNOK’s business.
As a key leader in a team, the Senior Producer usually works alongside the Executive Producer, the Game Director, the production team and team leads across all areas of the project to manage the development process, including team scheduling and milestone planning, identifying dependencies and possible workflow blockages, facilitating communication across disciplines and identifying and managing high risk areas of production.
In addition, all Producers are expected to be the main points of contact for clients who are often based in different time zones. Producers must, therefore, be prepared to be highly flexible in their availability for both evening calls and potential travel.
Producers remove roadblocks from their teams and in the end form the main bridge between a team and a client, in short, a producer is ultimately responsible for timely delivery and final quality of a game.
A Senior Producer is able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, and can also roll up his/her sleeves, dig in, and get the job done. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, demonstrate ownership, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
What do we expect from you?
- The Senior Producer will be responsible for one or more titles simultaneously, but will usually report directly to an Executive Producer, who will help guide and shape the decision-making process.
- Assist in keeping the offices and teams running efficiently and effectively on a daily basis.
- Assist in negotiating contracts, including software licensing deals, audio providers and voice artists.
- May lead or assist with managing the dependencies and development process with internal and external partners including Legal, HR, Audio, QA, Marketing and outsource groups.
- Enforce office standards of good citizenship and enthusiastic team membership.
- Act as a liaison between the development staff and the upper stakeholders (publisher or executive staff).
- Overseeing creative (art and design) and technical development (game programming) of the game. This is done in conjunction with discipline leads.
- Collaborate with the art, design, programming leads and other project or executive management to coordinate, schedule, track, and manage the project’s production requirements to ensure that project tasks are completed on time and to quality.
- Develop and maintain schedules and budgets, ensuring timely delivery of deliverables (such as milestones).
- Communicate deliverables and represent the company’s perspective in making deliveries to clients.
- Coordinate and align workflow across multi-disciplinary teams
- Coordinate and communicate both medium and long term development plans, as well as day to day tasking, predicting issues, and troubleshooting where needed.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of the production management processes to increase production efficiency and quality
- Management of the QA phase from an internal perspective. Including managing the bug list and assigning bugs (alongside team leads).
- Arranging for beta testing and focus groups, if applicable.
- Arranging for localization
Successful applicants have:
- 5+ years of project management experience in game development or a closely related field, combining experience in industry disciplines, including programming, art, technology or project management.
- Excellent verbal and written English language communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel in art, design, programming and management
- Experience creating project schedules and monitoring the progress of department milestones and individual tasks against those schedules
- Ability to implement successful and appropriate production processes in regard to specific needs of individual teams
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Ability to quickly learn and use a variety of project software, for example, Smartsheets, ownCloud or Perforce
- Experience managing a team through a minimum of one full cycle of video game development
- Ability to identify and anticipate risks, and engage in creative problem-solving
- Proactively takes on own initiatives to suggest and improve project management tools and processes
- Proficiency with JIRA, Confluence and other project management tools and applications
- Development experience as a discipline-specific contributor (artist, designer, programmer or QA tester).
How to apply
Please send your resume in English to
and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously.
All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.