IS LOOKING FOR A
QA-HW Tester and HW Apprentice
We are NAPNOK and it is our mission to bring robots to life as never before – all for the purpose of making Videogames In Real Life!
We’re a varied (and multinational) team of Hardware, Firmware, and Software Engineers, Artists, Designers, Musicians, and QA experts, as well as back office Managers and Ops folk- and we’ve been working on the world’s coolest robots in stealth mode for 6 years now!
We are looking for a motivated and detail-oriented Full-Time Quality Assurance Tester to join the NAPNOK Skopje Team to ensure that ongoing development of current projects, as well as new titles, meet and exceed our high-quality bar for awesomeness. We promise work on cutting-edge technologies, really hard problems, and a fantastic team of brainiacs to learn from/with. Oh and there’s tasty free lunch too.
Currently, we are working on an exciting new toy line and we are looking for a QA tester and part time HW apprentice which will help in preparation of 3D printed parts.
QA mostly consists of testing the electronics and mechanics of the toy, ensuring hardware and software are working as designed and also represent the end users best interests during the development process.
Read more about us here.
NAPNOK QA Testers are expected to have a passion for making and playing games, with a particular focus on the aspects of local/social multiplayer gaming which is at the core of NAPNOK’s mission. The ideal candidate will possess a strong technical skill set, excellent written communication skills, a problem-solving mindset, and the ability to remain agile in a dynamic and challenging environment.
As a QA Tester, you will be responsible for executing QA test coverage on a set of hardware, firmware and in-game features or sub-features alongside the Hardware Development Team and you will report to both the Hardware Team Lead and the Head of QA.
As a HW apprentice, you will be involved in the process of 3d printing, cleaning, sanding and painting parts, along with the rest of the HW team.
The main bulk of your job responsibilities will be as a QA tester, while only HW apprentice related tasks only when the need arises.
N.B. We are an English language-based office. All work and all testing are done in English and a high level of English proficiency is a primary job requirement.
Flexibility and availability: this is a full-time (40 hours per week), fixed-term contract, but you should be available to work in morning or afternoon shifts and to take on regular overtime based on our scheduling needs, including evenings and weekends. All additional hours are paid at our standard hourly rate.
- Work and test electronic prototype toys, look and find possible HW/SW issues
- Determine and separate the Hardware from Software issues
- Perform scripted or ad hoc tests, all levels of testing to include functional, integration, end-to-end, and regression testing.
- Enter and maintain bugs via our bug tracking system.
- Provide well thought-out and constructive gameplay feedback.
- Able to work within a team and individually.
- Additional tasks as assigned by the QA Lead.
- Schedule and perform User Research on volunteer subjects, record and analyze the results.
- Cleaning, sanding and painting 3d printed parts
- Set up 3d prints
What do we expect from you?
- Accurate and quick execution of manual test cases and ad-hoc testing;
- Respect for our detailed system and integration level test procedures;
- Knowledge of specification-based (black-box) testing techniques;
- Experience in writing area and/or feature test specs;
- The ability to work well with team members across multiple organizations;
- Strong work ethic.
You’ll probably enjoy working with us if you are:
- An avid gamer.
- Into electronics or 3D printing.
- Passionate about sci-fi tech and electronics
- An excellent troubleshooter with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Able to find root causes of issues efficiently and intelligently.
- Restless when not learning something new or stretching yourself.
- A detail-oriented person and you are able to follow procedures.
- Curious and passionate, tech-friendly.
- Ability to understand game systems and use that knowledge to create exploits.
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience working within the video game or electronics industry, preferably on a shipped product: 1+ years in video game QA or 2+ years of software testing experience, as well working/playing with robots, electronic toys, etc.
- Experience testing multiple platforms.
- Art, design, scripting, or coding experience an advantage.
- Degree preferred
- Knowledge of electronic toys and toy platforms
- To apply for this position please send your resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously.
- All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
IS ALSO LOOKING FOR
QA-HW TESTER AND HW APPRENTICE
Currently, we are working on an exciting new toy line and we are looking for a QA tester of the electronics and mechanics, who will ensure hardware and software are working as designed and also represent the end users best interests during the development process.